Onions (Allium Cepa)
- India is second largest producer of Onions.
- Maharashtra state produces 27.2 % of total onions produces in India and Nashik exports 80% of onions exported from India due to its pungency and taste.
- Variety - Red Onion
- Size - 30mm to 45 mm, 40mm to 55 mm, 55mm to 65mm
- Packaging - Mesh Bags - 5kg, 10kg, 18kg, 20kg.
Jute Bags- 40kg, 45kg, 50kg.
- Colour - Red and Pink
- Availability - Enitre Year
- Capacity - 1 - 40 feet container -29 mt, 1-20 feet container - 13 mt
Pomegranates (Punica granatum)
- India is worlds largest producer of Pomegranate.
- Maharastra cultivates 71.21 % of Pomegranate .
- Cultivation Area (Nashik )- 48, 527 hectare
- Production- 1,69,798 tonnes.
- Variety - Bhagwa (widely exported), Ganesh, Arkata, Mridvla and Phule Bhagwa
- Size- 180 gm to 400 gm
- Colour- Dark cherry red
- Packaging- According to the grade of the fruit size of packaging varies, corrugated fibre boxes are used.
In single box 4-5 queen sized fruits are packed.
- White colour boxes are used for exports
-180 -200 gm -18-19 Pieces
-200- 250 gm- 15-16 Pieces
-250 -300 gm -12-13 Pieces
-300- 350 gm- 10-11 Pieces
- Box Size- Net weight of box in kg
- Availability -
January, February, March, April, July, August, November and December